Enter & View Visit Report - Lutterworth Country House Care Home
Healthwatch Leicestershire undertook an Enter & View revisit to Lutterworth Country House Care Home on 23 November 2017, following our initial visit in July 2014.
This planned visit was a follow up to observe the care provided, to see if our earlier recommendations had been carried out and was also prompted by local intelligence gathering from members of the public.
Summary of Findings
We learnt that Prime Life Ltd had recently acquired ownership of the home on the day of the visit.
The report highlights the good practice that we observed and reflects the appreciation that residents felt about the care and support provided.
- Overall, the residents were cheerful and all we saw were well dressed and the environment of the home was clean and free from odours.
- The food choices, individual specialist needs and flexibility of meal times was praised by the residents and family members.
- Staffing shortages have been recognized by the new owners and a recruitment drive is taking place.
- There was evidence of activities involving residents and families, and the manger was enthusiastic to be able to run smaller and more frequent activities in the future.
- The group property manager will visit next year to advise on décor that is more dementia friendly.
Our visit showed that there have been changes made since our visit in 2014. The manager and her team with the backing of the new owner are enthusiastic to embrace improvements and changes that will be taking place in 2018.