Narborough Health Centre patients invited to share views on proposed move
Narborough Health Centre is asking registered patients at the surgery to share their views on the future of the practice.
The practice is proposing changes to the status of Narborough Branch Surgery, located on Narborough Road, which would mean the Narborough Health Centre GP surgery, located on Thornton Drive, would close.
Patients will have the choice of remaining registered with the senior doctor at the surgery, Dr Kapur, but would need to travel to the Narborough Road site for treatment, or they can choose to register at a new GP practice.
Patients do not have to choose a practice in the Narborough area but need to live within the boundary of their preferred practice. Help in finding and registering with a new practice will be available from East Leicestershire and Rutland Clinical Commissioning Group.
The changes would also involve a change of Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) membership from East Leicestershire and Rutland CCG to Leicester City CCG.
The practice envisages the changes would be completed by 31 March 2018.
The practice has written to patients registered at the practice informing them of the proposals and asking patients to complete a survey. The survey can be completed here.
The practice is also holding six drop-in sessions to answer any questions patients may have. The drop-in sessions will take place at Narborough Health Centre, Thornton Drive, Narborough, Leicester, LE19 2GX, and two at Narborough Branch Surgery, 193 Narborough Road, Leicester LE3 0PE.
The drop in sessions will be held on:
- Wednesday 6 September 2017 from 11.30am to 12.30pm, Narborough Health Centre
- Friday 8 September 2017 from 5.30pm to 6.30pm, Narborough Road Branch Surgery
- Wednesday 13 September 2017 from 11.30am-12.30pm, Narborough Health Centre
- Wednesday 20 September 2017 from 5.30pm-6.30pm, Narborough Road Branch Surgery
- Friday 29 September 2017 from 4.30pm-5.30pm, Narborough Health Centre
- Friday 13 October 2017 from 4.30pm-5.30pm, Narborough Health Centre.
The 90-day consultation commenced on Wednesday 9 August and will close at midnight on Wednesday 8 November 2017.
Patients can find out more and take part in the survey on the practice website.