With laws changing, marijuana and weed use are now becoming commonplace topics of discussion. Some people are looking to make the most of its medicinal benefits, while others simply love weed for the high it gives. For whatever reason, THC is fast gaining ground and becoming a tad bit more acceptable but so are THC detox and marijuana detox.
Despite the law amendments and the wave of acceptance that has swept over marijuana use, drug use remains unacceptable in many workplaces, and you’ll likely need to flush marijuana out of your system if you intend to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Oftentimes, people attempt a THC detox plan when they have an impending drug test and can’t afford to fail it. Perhaps you’re already scheduled for a drug test and are wondering how to pass it despite your drug use, or you simply want to get toxins and THC metabolites cleared from your system.
Whatever your reason for carrying out a marijuana detox or weed cleanse, this article is sure to provide you with helpful tips on the best way to detox your body from THC. In this piece, we give a comprehensive insight into the THC detox and also answer various questions that you may have regarding marijuana cleanse. This article is a must-read if you intend to clean your system for a drug test.
How Long Does Weed Stay in Your System?
This is an often asked question. After all, it is important to know how long weed stays in the system in order to set up an effective weed detox plan. Weed retention time in the body is not fixed. Marijuana metabolites may be detected in the body between days and several months, depending on a couple of factors.
Factors That Affect THC Retention in the Body
Metabolism and Exercise Routine
Levels of physical activity also affect THC detection and are another factor that can be used to your advantage when going for a drug test. Marijuana is removed from the body through normal bodily functions and is stored in the adipose tissue. Hence, exercise induces a small but significant increase in plasma THC levels.
This means two things:
- A physically active individual is more likely to metabolize and eliminate THC from his system faster than a physically inactive person. However, on the other hand, exercising before a drug test might increase your chances of failing the test as more THC metabolites are likely released from your fat cells into your blood.
- Ultimately, if you are highly physically active, you’ll likely have a shorter THC detection window. But be careful; it could be a bit tricky when you have a test around the corner.
While food deprivation is not a major influencer of THC detection in the body, it is hypothesized that mechanisms that promote lipolysis, including stress, fasting, and physical exercise, may result in the release of the cannabinoids stored in the adipose, consequently raising the chances of a positive drug test result.
Body Fat Percentage
THC binds to lipids, which include body fats. THC accumulates in the adipose tissue of the body. This is where they are stored for long periods of time. Thus, people with higher fat compositions are more likely to have THC stored in their bodies for longer periods of time and metabolize the cannabinoids slower than others with a lower body fat percentage.
The Amount and Type of Marijuana Used
This is perhaps the most obvious factor: the more THC you consume, the longer its metabolites remain in your system since it takes your body a longer period of time to break it down and flush it from your system naturally. Along with the quantity of weed used, the frequency of use, as well as the type consumed, also go a long way in determining how long it stays in your system.
As some forms of marijuana may be more potent than others, the stronger ones are likely to be detected in the body for much longer periods after they are taken compared to their weaker counterparts, even when it’s the same quantity taken.
When vaping weed, the effect is almost immediate. However, with THC edibles, it takes a while. This means you may consume more, thereby accumulating THC in your body.
Frequency of Use
A chronic marijuana user is, by default, likely to have THC stick around in his body much longer than a light weed smoker. This is because the effect of marijuana could be somewhat cumulative. Hence, the longer you use marijuana, the more likely it will be detected in your system.
Thus, this is an important factor to consider, especially when planning a weed detox. While someone who has just had weed for the first time may be able to test clean naturally less than a week later, a heavy user may still fail a drug test even after about a month of abstinence.
Well, genetics sure has its way of influencing all we do, including how long weed metabolites remain in our system. Enzymes of the cytochrome P450 (CYP) complex are responsible for metabolizing THC in the liver, and the expression of CYP variants is affected by a unique combination of mechanisms, including genetic factors.
How Long Can Weed be Detected in Your System?
The truth is, weed and its metabolites remain in the system long after its psychoactive effects have been felt. Apart from the factors discussed above that generally affect how long weed stays in your system, the detection window for marijuana use may vary depending on the type of drug test conducted.
- Urine tests can generally detect marijuana within 3–30 days after use. Light users who only use weed about thrice a week have a detection window of about three weeks.
- For moderate users who take weed about four times a week, it can be detected for 5-7 days after use.
- Daily users have a weed detection window of about 10-15 days.
- Heavy or chronic weed users who consume it multiple times per day may have weed in their system for more than a month.
Weed is often detectable in blood tests when there was a recent use, say 12–24 hours. It is often not detectable in the blood after 2-3 days. However, even blood tests may have a longer detection window (between 7–25 days) in chronic users. As a rule of thumb, the higher cannabis use, the wider the detection window and the tougher it is to get the pot out of your system.
Weed is detectable in saliva for about 1–3 days for light or occasional users. However, in chronic users, weed can be detected for 1–29 days after last use.
This test has the widest detection window as it can detect drug use for up to 90 days. This means, that if you’re to take a hair follicle drug test, you can still test positive even if you’ve stayed away from marijuana for up to three months.
Ultimately, understanding your drug test and your chances of either passing or failing is the first step toward a successful weed detox.
How Long Does It Take to Get Weed Out of Your System?
Your THC cleanse method determines how long it takes to get THC out of your body. However, there are fast marijuana cleanse options to get you set for a drug test in 24 hours.
What Do Drug Tests Look for?
Drug tests simply aim to detect tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and its metabolites (commonly THC-COOH) in the body.
How Do Detoxification and Detox Remedies Work? How to Get Weed out of Your System
If you’re wondering how to detox from weed, you’ve probably come across many products that claim to do weed detox. They claim they can help get rid of cannabis from the body and help you pass a drug test. These products come in different forms, including capsules, tablets, shakes, mouthwashes, and even shampoos. Some detoxes are specially made to help you pass specific drug tests. However, depending on the drug test and your frequency of drug use, these detoxes may or may not be effective.
How Detoxification Works
Many detox drinks for weed work by the dilution method. These drinks basically help you cheat on a drug test. Unlike medical procedures that aim to treat addiction, weed detox drinks do not necessarily help you get rid of your body’s dependence on marijuana, especially if you’ve been using it for a long time. Thus, you may feel withdrawal symptoms upon quitting drug use and detoxifying.
In urine testing, for example, detox drinks merely dilute the THC concentration in your urine. The goal is to have it drop below the barline required to declare a positive test result.
Note, however, that a diluted urine sample raises suspicion and may result in an inconclusive test, especially where the creatinine levels are not normal. In this case, you’d have to take another drug test as the inconclusive test is invalid. So, before you take a detox drink, do some research to see just how it works.
Set up Your Plan. How to Choose the Best Way to Detox
Each individual’s weed detox program will vary based on:
Time to Test
Your approach to weed detox will vary depending on the time you have available. For a urine test that is only a few days away, your best bet might be to employ fake urine products. On the other hand, if you have enough time to prepare, you could use home remedies like consuming excess water and/or fluid to cleanse drug toxins for a drug test. Note that drug metabolites are excreted in the body alongside other waste materials, i.e., in urine, sweat, and feces. Hence, be sure to have your detox program give you enough room to get the toxins out. Leave an allowance beyond the normal marijuana cleanse window.
Your Dody Mass Index
The effectiveness of weed detox drinks and pills varies with different body weights. While a THC detox kit may be generally effective, it usually takes longer for people with high-fat percentages to flush THC out of their system. Furthermore, detox plans often help those with higher body weight lose some weight i.e. burn fat. Hence, since THC metabolites are stored in the fat cells, it may cause a release of the metabolites into the blood and urine. HealthwatchLeicestershire recommends making sure you gave yourself enough room to get the weed out of your system, especially if you’re on the heavier side.
Marijuana Use Frequency
This is pretty much straightforward. While a light marijuana user can detox in a few hours or days, it will take longer to get pot out of a heavy user. So, when selecting a weed detox plan, ensure that the plan chosen suits your marijuana use frequency.
Detox kits generally cost money, but some are more expensive than others. If you’re looking to detox on a budget, consider using home remedies. That way, you can limit your expenses. Just be sure to begin on time. On the other hand, there are fake urine products and the best detox drinks for weed on sale if you can afford them.
Popular THC Detox Methods
While there are many products now available that allow you to beat a drug test, the best option is to get rid of THC in your system rather than attempt to cheat on a drug test. Common detox remedies employed include:
Fruit pectin, or fruit fiber, is a commonly used ingredient in the food industry, where it is used to thicken pastries. While many drug users claim that fruit pectin may help in weed detoxification, there is no scientific backup or substantial evidence for this claim.
As with other waste materials in the body, marijuana metabolites leave your body with urine, sweat, etc. The physical exercise aims to increase the THC metabolism rate in the body and make you sweat it out. Exercise does help to detoxify and get rid of weed in the body. However, one needs to be very careful. During detoxification, avoid sugar-containing beverages or energy drinks. Stick to water for maximum results.
The sauna works just like exercise; it tries to get weed out of your body through sweat.
If you’re using this method for detox, Healthwatch Leicestershire advises you to:
- Consume lots of water. Stay hydrated before, during, and after every sauna session.
- Listen to your body. Go at your own pace and avoid pushing your body past its tolerance limits.
- Choose a comfortable temperature. Resist the urge to set a very high temperature to get the weeds out quickly.
This method is not suitable for everyone. However, if you’d be using a sauna for detox, pat your body dry with a towel after each session and allow your body to cool down naturally. Thereafter, drink a cool glass of water to rehydrate.
This method attempts to detoxify by dilution and is often employed to pass a piss test. Most herbal weed detox solutions are based on this. They attempt to reduce the concentration of drug metabolites in the body. Dilution is an effective detox approach. However, you need to be careful when doing this to avoid getting an inconclusive drug test result.
Best Detox Products: Pills, Drinks, THC Detox Kit
Toxin Rid is a three-part detox kit that comes in the form of detox pills, detox liquids, and dietary fiber. Toxin Rid works by trying to help get the toxins out of your system as opposed to other products that merely try to dilute the THC metabolites already circulating in your system. There are 1-day, 2 days, 3 days, 4 days, 5 days, 7 days, and 10-days Toxin Rid formulations. Heavy smokers can use the 10-day formulation coupled with abstinence for best results. However, if you’re a chronic marijuana user, you may still fail a drug test despite the 10-day formula use.
|Address||P.O 2011 REDMOND, WA 98073-2011 USA|
- Sodium alfalfa
- leaf extract
- Sodium Potassium
- Psyllium husk powder
- It is positively rated in its online stores.
- Comes with a money-back guarantee
- Works for a range of drugs, including alcohol.
- Gluten-free and vegan-friendly.
- Pre-rid tablets start working within an hour of intake.
- It works for light, moderate, and heavy drug users.
- It involves excess consumption of water
- It’s relatively costly compared to other drug detoxes.
- May come with side effects like diarrhea and nausea.
When using Toxin Rid as a marijuana system cleaner, ensure that you choose a program that matches your drug use.
Do not use if:
- If you are pregnant
- You’re nursing
- You are under the age of 18
Detoxify Mega Clean is often used as a remedy to beat a urine drug test. This drink, which comes in tropical and grape flavors, is presented in a 32-ounce bottle.
|Launch year||Around 1999|
|Address||3302 N 27th Ave Ste 3306D Phoenix, AZ, 85017-5012 United States|
|Email address||[email protected]|
|Mailing address||Detoxify, LLC, P.O. Box 6398 AZ 85261|
|Customer service hours (Arizona Time)||Monday: 10:00am – 4:00pm (Monday-Friday)
- Vitamin B12
- Biotin (as D-biotin)
- Pantothenic acid
- Calcium (as calcium lactate gluconate)
- Magnesium (as magnesium amino acid chelate)
- Zinc (as zinc gluconate)
- Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate)
- Sodium Potassium
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Thiamin (as thiamin hydrochloride)
- Selenium (as L-selenomethionine)
- B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride) is a form of vitamin B6.
- Folate (as folic acid)
Diuretics to aid the production of urine in the body
- Uva Ursi
- Burdock root
Detoxification herbs that boost the body’s natural cleansing mechanism
- Fruit fiber
- Mullein leaf
- American ginseng root extract
- Devils claw
- Hawthorne Berry
Creatine monohydrate: this ingredient basically supplements the creatinine levels in urine to avoid low creatinine levels, raising the suspicion of an adulterated test sample.
- The detox drink is made up of carefully selected ingredients that work together to dilute THC concentration while ensuring the sample doesn’t come off as adulterated.
- It contains minerals and vitamins that may help replenish nutrients that may be lost during the detox process.
- It’s a fast-working option. If done right, it is one of the fastest ways to clean out your system for a drug test.
- Mega Clean contains diuretics that aid urine production.
- Its effectiveness has a relatively short window, so it is highly sensitive to timing. If your test is delayed unduly, your chances of passing drop.
- Mega Clean may cause nausea and diarrhea, both of which are unpleasant experiences.
- It has to be taken with Toxin Rid pre-rid pills for best results.
Don’t use it if:
- You’re pregnant. Be sure to seek professional advice from your healthcare provider.
- You are less than 18 years old.
- It’s not legally acceptable in your state or area.
Another popular detox cleanse for drug tests among consumers is the Rescue Cleanse. Rescue Cleanses operations are quite distinct from other THC detox kits in that rather than diluting the drug metabolites (like Mega Clean does) or helping extract the drug metabolites from the adipose cells (like Toxin Rid), it actually stores the drug metabolites in fat cells.
So, essentially, Rescue Cleanse helps you pass a drug test not by flushing marijuana out of your system but by storing the toxins in your fat cells for up to a 5-hour window. That way, the toxins cannot be detected in your blood and urine. However, they remain in your system and are detectable when fat cells are burned.
|Contact email||[email protected]|
|Customer service hours||Monday-Friday (9:00 am to 5:45 pm EST)
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Sodium Potassium
- Panthothenic acid
- Creatine Monohydrate
- Folic acid
- It has a money-back guarantee.
- Made by a trusted detox brand
- It has a long shelf life
- ClearChoice Rescue Cleanse comes in a variety of flavors
- It contains B-vitamins, which provide energy and also ensure that the urine color is right.
- It contains electrolytes.
- You’d have to pee a lot.
- Has to be taken on an empty stomach
- It may leave you bloated
- Its effects are short-lived as they wear off after 5 hours.
- It involves excessive consumption of water.
- THC detox success is heavily hinged on following the instructions to the letter.
- Timing errors can be costly as it takes an hour to get effective and only traps the drugs for 5 hours.
Don’t use if:
- You’re pregnant.
- You’re nursing
- If you are under 18
- You have any form of kidney or liver problems.
Tips to Get Pot out Faster
- Quit drug use as soon as you know you have a drug test.
- Use exercise to your advantage.
- Stay hydrated. Passing a drug test will likely be easier if you drink lots of fluid beforehand.
- Maintain a healthy diet throughout the detox process. Avoid greasy meals or diets high in sugar and fat. Instead, consume meals rich in vitamins
What to Do if You Need to Cleanse Really Fast?
If you’re considering ways to clean out your system in 24 hours to pass a drug test, your best approach is likely to use synthetic urine. If you don’t have enough time to detox, get a high-quality synthetic urine product. Synthetic urine is simply laboriously made pee. Its physical and chemical properties are quite similar to those of natural urine, so it’ll likely go undetected.
Powdered urine is simply actual urine in dried form. It’s only termed “synthetic” because it is processed into its dried, powdered form. Manufactured by Test Clear, the urine pack costs about $50 and is made up of:
- Powdered Urine
- A pair of air-activated heaters
- Temperature strip
- A plastic medical transport vial containing a blue pid
- It is real urine, hence it will go undetected.
- There are no legal restrictions to having it in one’s possession.
- It is relatively affordable.
- Extremely difficult to use for a supervised dry test.
- It may not be useful if your pee test requires you to provide more than 50ml of the sample.Quick Fix
If you’re looking for synthetic urine with a 100% success rate, then Quick Fix it is. This carefully prepared synthetic urine comes in a 30-ounce volume and costs about $40. Not only is it more affordable than powdered urine, but it also comes with a money-back guarantee.
- It cannot be detected in a drug test.
- More affordable than its powdered counterpart.
- It comes pre-mixed, saving you the stress of mixing without being caught.
- It has a money-back guarantee.
- Directions for use are a bit complex,
- It will be difficult to use in a supervised test.
Detox Products and Methods to Avoid
Food deprivation: fasting tones down the detoxification channels in the body, so avoid it. More so, it reduces the supply of energy you have.
Detoxifying regimens and pills: Be wary of detoxifying pills because they can cause diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, gastrointestinal problems, dehydration, and nutritional deficiencies.
FAQs-Frequently Asked Questions
Can Lab Tests Detect THC Detox Products?
Likely not. This is because detox kit manufacturers also test their products in the lab before releasing them into the market.
Do I Need to Detox If I’m an Infrequent User or Took an Edible?
Even as a light user, you may need a detox program to test negative on a drug test.
Do THC Detox Kits Work for Hair Tests?
There are detox hair shampoos specially prepared to pass hair follicle drug tests.
Studies on THC Metabolites Masking and Weed Detox
Studies have shown that withdrawal symptoms usually accompany weed detox programs for moderate and heavy cannabis users. Thus, if you’re looking to permanently quit drug use, it is best to have a medical professional guide you through.
Other Ways to Pass a Drug Test
Bicarbonate of soda
Some use baking soda as a mouthwash or as toothpaste to pass a mouth swab test. However, this is uncommon.
Certo Sure Gel
This gel is an affordable option to cleanse one’s system for a urine test. While it is not marketed as a weed detox, it is convenient to use as one.
This over-the-counter drug is often used by moderate drug users to beat a urine test. Some also say that it works fine for hair follicle tests. However, before you decide to use aspirin for detox, remember the drug is a blood thinner and comes with side effects.
Niacin is a vitamin B3 type that is often present in weed detox drinks. While many cannabis users use niacin to detox from weed, most have ended up with niacin toxicity.
The only foolproof method to pass a drug test is abstinence from drug use. However, many weed detox drinks have also proven effective over the years.