Healthwatch Leicestershire is currently recruiting volunteers to become Enter & View Authorised Representatives.
Part of the local Healthwatch Programme is to carry out Enter & View visits.
Enter & View visits are conducted by a small team of trained volunteers, who are prepared as ‘Authorised Representatives’ to conduct visits to health and social care premises to find out how they are being run and make recommendations where there are areas for improvements.
This is a chance to meet new people, gain new insights into health & social care services and develop your skills.
Who can carry out visits?
- Members of the public volunteer to become Authorised Representative to carry out visits on behalf of Healthwatch.
- They must complete an application form, attend a training course, and be checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- Our volunteers are trained to deal with sensitive situations and confidential information appropriately.
If you are interested in becoming an Authorised Representative read the role description below and contact [email protected]
Who are our Authorised Representatives?
- Sue Staples
- Ian Staples
- Mike Perks
- Sharon Bessey-Saldanha
- Chris Bosley
- Jeff Wooldridge
- Ann Cluskey
- Tanuja Parmer
- Lynn Pearson
- Bob Harrison
- Simon Farmer
- Margaret Bellamy
- Anne Collier
- Pat Fraser
- Lynn Pearson
- Jill Gore
- Anne Collier
- Pat Fraser
What happens during an Enter & View visit?
- We collect the views of service users, patients and residents.
- We collect the views of carers and relatives of service users.
- We collect the views of staff.
- We observe the nature and quality of services.
- We collate evidence-based feedback.
What will happen after a visit?
- Our representatives will write a report about what they observe and find out during their visit.
- The report will make recommendations for improvement, and also highlight good things about the service.
- Enter and View reports will be made available to the public.
Read our Enter & View Reports
24 October 2015 – Lyndhurst Lodge Residential Home
Healthwatch Leicestershire undertook an Enter & View visit at Lyndhurst Lodge Residential Home that took place on 24 October 2015.
The Enter & View Team has made six recommendations and we have included the responses from the service provider in the report.
24 September 2015 – Wymeswold Court Care Home
Healthwatch Leicestershire undertook an Enter & View visit at Wymeswold Court Care Home on Thursday 24 September 2015.
The Enter & View Team has made four recommendations and we have included the responses of Wymeswold Court Care Home in the report.
9 July 2015 – The Surgery, Ashby
Healthwatch Leicestershire undertook an Enter & View visit at The Surgery, Ashby on Thursday 9 July 2015.
The Enter & View Team has made seven recommendations to the surgery and we have included the responses from the surgery in the report.
7 July 2015 – Barrow Health Centre
Healthwatch Leicestershire undertook an Enter & View visit at the Barrow Health Centre on Tuesday 7 July 2015.
The Enter & View Team has made ten recommendations to the practice and we have included the responses from the practice in the report.
12 March 2015 – Ambulance Handover at Leicester Royal Infirmary
Healthwatch Leicestershire undertook an Enter & View visit at Leicester Royal Infirmary (LRI) on Thursday 12 March 2015 to observe the Ambulance handover.
The Enter & View Team has made nine recommendations and we have included the response from University Hospitals of Leicester in the report.
5 January 2015 – Glenfield Surgery
Healthwatch Leicestershire undertook an Enter & View visit at the Glenfield Surgery on Monday 5 January 2015.
The Enter & View Team has made eight recommendations to the surgery and we have included the responses from the surgery in the report.
28 July 2014 – Lutterworth Country House Care Home
Healthwatch Leicestershire undertook an Enter & View visit at Lutterworth Country House Care Home on Monday 28 July 2014.
The Enter & View Team has made four recommendations to the care home and we have included the responses from the Care Home in the report.
10 April 2014 – Peaker Park Care Village, Market Harborough
In preparing for this authorised visit, the Enter and View Team identified a number of key themes to be explored in particular; Nursing, Privacy, Dignity, Safeguarding and Medication. The team also planned to observe and ask questions about staff training, staffing levels, patient dependency and how this was assessed.
The Enter & View Team has made seven recommendations to the care home and we are pleased to note that PrimeLife Limited (the Provider) provided a fulsome response to the recommendations.
What can you expect from Healthwatch?
- The majority of Enter and View visits conducted by Healthwatch Leicestershire will be announced to the service provider beforehand. There will be an agreed entry point for Enter and View Authorised Representatives.
- If an Enter and View visit is unannounced, Authorised Representatives will announce their arrival promptly to a senior member of staff, will wear ID badges and will state the purpose of the visit.
- Authorised Representatives conducting Enter and View visits will have gone through a comprehensive selection process and training. The representatives will have access to effective supervision and ongoing training and support. They will also have been DBS checked.
- You will have the opportunity to see and comment on the visit report before it is distributed and publicised. We report findings and associated recommendations – good and bad – to providers, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Local Authority and NHS England, Healthwatch England and any other relevant partners.
The Enter & View and Safeguarding Working Group
The Enter & View and Safeguarding Working Group meet every month to discuss the plans and policies for Enter & View.
Sue Staples is the Chair of the Enter & View and Safeguarding Working Group.